It’s finally getting warmer out, which means that spring vegetables are in season! Asparagus is one vegetable that always reminds me of spring. I also used Kale Pesto hummus in this dish because pesto is something that reminds me of the warm weather! Asparagus and kale pesto hummus paired with kale, avocado, and a poached egg make this bowl SUPER nutritious and will help you power through your day!
- 2 cups thinly chopped kale (stems removed), massaged with coconut oil
- 1/3 avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup kale microgreens
- 7-10 spears roasted asparagus (coated in olive oil, salt & pepper and roasted at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes)
- 2 Tablespoons hummus, I used Hope Foods Kale Pesto flavor
- 1 poached egg
- chopped basil, garnish
- Poach your egg! Heat a small saucepan with simmering water.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of vinegar to your water.
- Use a spoon to make a “whirl pool” and carefully drop your egg into the simmering water.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes and remove egg from water.
- Put all other ingredients into a bowl and top with your poached egg.
- Garnish with basil and black pepper.