Hello green smoothie!
Green smoothies can be made with a variety of different vegetables and fruits in order to make it green, but this bright green color is coming from spinach and avocado! Yes, I said avocado. Add the superfood avocado to your smoothies and you’ll not only benefit from the healthy fats, you’ll also get a delicious, creamy smoothie. Win-win!
Recipe: (makes 1 bowl)
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/3 avocado
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder (I use Vega)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ banana
- toppings: sliced banana, blueberries, hemp seeds, peanut butter, honey, almond butter, chia seeds, etc. – whatever you like!
- Place everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
- If it’s too thick add more almond milk and if it’s too thin add more frozen spinach!
- Top with your toppings and devour!