Water, the source of life, right? Even still, sometimes it is hard to convince yourself to drink it when there are so many other drinking options out there. However, water is still the best way to stay hydrated naturally. Dehydration is common as people don’t often take into account the liquid input/output ratio, the climate, and exercise rates. Knowing the benefits of staying hydrated and drinking water can help you hold yourself accountable!
Benefits of Drinking Water
According to the CDC
- Lubricates the joints
- Protects the spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
- Flushes toxins
- Regulates body temperature
It can also…
- Aid digestion
- Carry nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Reduces inflammation
- Can potentially help skin clear
Like most things, prioritizing your health can be made more fun by customizing it to you! Whether it be something conceptual like a routine, or material, like colorful reusable straws and cups, there’s a lot of ways to inspire yourself to stay hydrated!
How to Make Drinking More Fun/Attainable
- Reusable water bottles
- Not only is it the most sustainable option, but there are so many brands, colors, patterns, and sizes that it makes this daily task so much more customizable!
- Add fresh fruit to change things up!
- Always order a glass of water when going out to eat.
- Commit to a schedule of sorts to help you get started
- Start with a glass when you wake up and one before you go to bed.
- Have at least one glass with every meal.
- Always keep it around and near you!
- Fill up your jug, bottle, or glass when it is empty.
- And most importantly, drink when you’re thirsty and your body tells you to!