We fell in love with NUX USA the moment we saw some of their pieces on instagram (@nuxusa). Think gorgeous, vibrant print leggings done tastefully, stylish and unique bras and tops – like the Overpass bra, and technical sport, compression leggings that are comfortable and slimming. The fabrics chosen for the apparel line are soft and luxe feeling -seriously, like second skin. We are so thrilled to be able to carry some pieces from their latest collection in our Shoppe!
We recently connected with CEO of NUX USA, Malek Neman to find out more about the NUX brand:
How did NUX start?
We started about 7 years ago, before the current “Athleisure” craze, and our goal was to create a brand that is US made, high quality & fashionable. We also don’t want our customers to have to “make a sacrifice at the cash register” for buying American made.
NUX is a name that appealed to us because:
– It is short, powerful, and commanding
– It rhymes with “lux” which is short for luxury
– We are also told, it is also the name of an obscure roman goddess. But we like the first answer the best.
With so many fitness apparel lines in the mix, what sets NUX apart?
Competition has been very good for our industry. It keeps us sharp and on our toes. Many of the lines that exist today however, are very limited in what they offer. We feel what sets us apart are the following:
– Variety: Some brands do prints, others do technical, and yet others do Athleisure. No other brand does the variety of the goods that we offer. Our body Engineered pieces, particularly, and our jacquard pants are unparalleled in the industry.
– Quality: We offer 100% US made products. We don’t compromise on our quality. We use the highest grade fabrics and yarns. We use the best sewing technology including, flat seam sewing (which is very rare in the US)
– Pricing: We are very well priced. Our retailers love NUX because they have better margins with us. The consumers love us because, buying US made, stylish, high quality, and ethically sourced products at competitive prices make them feel good about their purchase.
Where do you find inspiration for your designs?
We have a team approach to designing, we listen carefully to our entire team, designers, end users, fitness professionals and most importantly our customers.
What’s next fitness fashion trend we should be on the look out for?
Perhaps the greatest gift of American fashion is that, it introduced fashion that follows the way people really live. Activewear is the latest iteration of this gift. We feel that the movement that was started by athletes, will have its next evolution: Activewear for everyone. As such, we expect more non-technical fabrics for outwear, looser fitting tops, and Athleisure wear.
Long before the industry coined the name, we realized the need for this category, and we proudly declared that NUX goes from “Lunge to Lunch”. We think “Athleisure” is a inadequate attempt to capsulate the lifestyle of the amazing women we serve. So our NUX girl, goes from Lunge to Lunch or wherever else she needs to go, and inspires everyone on her path.
Special thanks to Malek Neman, CEO of NUX USA / Activewear